Re: Update rule on a view - what am I doing wrong

From: Marc Schablewski <ms(at)clickware(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update rule on a view - what am I doing wrong
Date: 2013-01-22 13:57:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Leif,

Am 22.01.2013 14:34, schrieb Leif Jensen:
> CREATE update_rule_func( old record, new record ) AS ... I am told, that I cannot use record for the parameter type. Could you please
You should use your view instead of 'record' as parameter type, i.e. CREATE update_rule_func( old
V_YOUR_VIEW, new V_YOUR_VIEW ) AS ... . Also, I'm not sure if 'new' and 'old' are reserved keywords
in PostgreSQL, so you might want to choose different names for your parameters if you still have
trouble with that function.

Marc