PyPgDay: call for sponsors

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PyPgDay: call for sponsors
Date: 2013-01-10 20:08:48
Lists: sfpug

Folks,

If your company is supporter of the PostgreSQL project, San Francisco
PostgreSQL User Group, and/or the PostgreSQL community, they may want to
sponsor our first-ever Python-PostgreSQL Day (PyPgDay) on March 13th, at
the Santa Clara Convention Center. Their support will help make this a
great event.

PyPgDay will be an all-day, one-track series of technical sessions
devoted to PostgreSQL, PostGIS and Python+PostgreSQL applications. Since
the PyPgDay is co-located with PyCon 2013, we are expecting a fairly
large turnout for the event, from 90 to 150 people, plus additional
"virtual attendees" via streaming video. Sponsorships will allow us
to host this event, offer refreshments, bring in outside speakers, and
otherwise impress the Python community with the professionalism of
PostgreSQL and the depth of our community support.

Of course, we would like their staff to speak at the event as well --
the Call for Presentations is open until January 20th:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PyPgDay2013#Call_For_Presentations

Available sponsorship levels, benefits and details are on the PyPgDay
Wiki Page: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PyPgDay2013#Sponsors These
are, in brief:

* Event Presenter (exclusive): $1600
* Patron: $800
* Sponsor: $300
* Friend: $100

Our company, PostgreSQL Experts, will be sponsoring at the Patron level.

Please contact our event manager at pypgday-sponsor(at)pgexperts(dot)com in
order to pledge your sponsorship as soon as possible.

Sponsorships will be used to pay for the expenses of the PyPgDay. Net
proceeds will be donated to PostgreSQL.US, a 501(c)3 nonprofit
supporting the PostgreSQL community.

Thank you!
--
Josh Berkus