Re: New Zealand Postgis DBA job vacancy

From: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Martin Gainty <mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New Zealand Postgis DBA job vacancy
Date: 2012-12-26 19:20:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On 27/12/12 07:39, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 12/26/2012 10:30 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:
>> Please do not top post!
>>

>> In New Zealand we generally use petrol, or diesel, measured in litres -
>> though there are some cars powered by natural gas. I think the USA is
>> one of the few places not using the metric system.
>
> Actually we do, we just pretend we don't:)
>

>> Cheers,
>> Gavin

Actually, I learnt the metric system mostly from an American textbook on
Physics at high school in year 12 (then called 6th form for us).

In New Zealand, we spend a lot more time putting down Australians than
Americans - but if anyone was to try and invade Australia, then the half
of New Zealanders not already living in Australia would rush to defend it.

Cheers,
Gavin