Re: PostgreSQL 8.3 with Java 7

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: paris strikos <parisph(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.3 with Java 7
Date: 2012-11-03 03:44:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/01/2012 10:40 PM, paris strikos wrote:
> Hello Team,
> I'm working on a project that uses PostgreSQL 8.3. We are
> planning a Java 7 and I would like to ask If we can use same vesion or
> should we upgarde to the latest? Thanks in advance!

You need to upgrade PostgreSQL. However, you do not have to do it at the
same time as upgrading to Java 7. I would recommend doing the two
separately:

* Upgrade PgJDBC and test your app with that on the old PostgreSQL
* Now upgrade PostgreSQL, test the application on the new PostgreSQL
* Finally, upgrade to the new Java release

--
Craig Ringer