PostgreSQL driver not visible in windows control panel

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL driver not visible in windows control panel
Date: 2012-10-29 17:50:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc

One of the employees here is having trouble connecting to a postgreSQL server, so while looking for the problem I opened Windows 7 control panel > administrative tools > Data Sources (ODBC) >Drivers (tab) and there are no postgreSQL drivers listed.

This employee can successfully connect to a different postgreSQL server on a different web server, so I was startled to see no drivers.

How is this possible? Is windows hiding the drivers for some reason? If so, how does one make Windows give up the information about the driver(s)?

Any ideas about what is happening greatly appreciated.

Fred