Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?
Date: 2012-10-25 12:58:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Josh,

Il 25/10/12 14:31, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
> It's not helpful if the exceptions make our numbers look smaller than
> MySQL's ...
I have no idea about the numbers we already have, so I don't know if
that's below MySQL.

But I would simply take them for what they are: download hits from the
PostgreSQL community website. If we are afraid of the absolute numbers,
I think it is important also to monitor the trend.

I would not mind - if possible - an automated process that every day
aggregates this data based (just making it up) on UTC. Then publish this
data on the website somewhere.

I volunteer to help with this process, if it does not exist yet.

Cheers,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia