Re: Need psql send email

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: pavithra <pavithra(dot)ibt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need psql send email
Date: 2012-09-20 12:17:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On 20/09/2012 13:07, pavithra wrote:
> Hi All, I am new to postgresql. I want to send email by using pl pgsql.
> I want to know how to set up the configurations for mail server. Can any
> one help me in solving this?. [hidden email]

Hi there,

It's not possible to send email directly from pl/pgsql; it might be
possible in the untrusted form of pl/perl, but I'm not sure.

A possible alternative would be to have an external process poll a queue
table, take its data from there and send the emails.

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland