connection time out

From: salah jubeh <s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: connection time out
Date: 2011-06-20 10:39:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Guys,

I have a database server and I have created another replica of it on another
machine. The new replica is running fine locally, but I can not access it from
another clients, the pg_hba.conf file is the same as the original database
server.

when I try to connect to the server I get

psql: could not connect to server: Connection timed out
Is the server running on host "xxx" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I can access the original server from the client I am trying to access the
replica, So, I think the problem is not related to postgresql conf. Certainly I
can access the replica using ssh and I pinged it and every thing is fine. I am
wondering what are the reasons that might cause this problem.

Regards