Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community"

From: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: mithun <mithun(dot)chicklore(dot)yogendra(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community"
Date: 2012-08-28 20:38:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On 29/08/12 02:29, mithun wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> We are gathering information regarding PostgreSQL open source product
> quality and its community. Can you kindly help me to find following data.
>
> 1.Number of releases happened since last 12 months along with its
> version numbers.
>
> 2.Number of Bugs fixed since last 12 months and last 6 months.
>
> 3.Activities in each of the mailing list. Like number of posts and
> number of members involved since last 12 months and last 6 months.
>
> 4.Number of code contributors since last 12 months and last 6 months.
>
> 5.Major contributors to the community.
>
> 6.Number of downloads of the PostgreSQL open source software.
>
> With Regrards
>
> Mithun C Y
>
> This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from
> HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address
> is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any
> way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
> reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
> recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error,
> please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

I am curious as to why you want this information, and what you intend
doing with it.

As to quality, I would have thought performance metrics, sizes of
databases, ... would have been useful.

Cheers,
Gavin

(P.S. You cannot validly prohibit the use of information emailed to a
public mailing list, and it is of dubious validity to prohibit use of
email sent privately anyhow!)