Re: Windows SIngle Sign On - LINUX Server

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer(at)linz(dot)govt(dot)nz>
Cc: "SUNDAY A(dot) OLUTAYO" <olutayo(at)sadeeb(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Windows SIngle Sign On - LINUX Server
Date: 2012-08-25 09:15:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On 08/25/2012 04:29 AM, Jeremy Palmer wrote:
> Marcus' guide looks great.
>
> So what's the pros/cons of using the Kerberos via GSSAPI method, rather than going for the SingleSignOn method mentioned by Sunday?

The method on the Ubuntu wiki applies to the host OS as a whole.

Pg will still need to know how to auth users. It's possible this'll work
via the "pam" authentication method on a system configured to auth users
against AD+LDAP or against Kerberos. I haven't tried. If so, that
approach is probably fine.