Re: Please create mailing list for RCs

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2012-08-20 03:36:05
Lists: pgsql-www

> We already have a list "press", and another one "translators", in
> @postgresql.org. Is this new one different? If so, please specify a
> name and the owner's address.

Well, it is different, but let's hash out whether or not it *should* be.

Currently, I have two lists, translators@ which includes everyone who
does translation of advocacy stuff, and press-regional(at)pgfoundry(dot)org,
which includes only RCs, by their RC official addresses.

The RC list, in addition to the annual press release, is used for
notices of update, beta releases, and similar things.

There's about 70% overlap between the two lists. Maybe I should just
use translators@ and not worry about it.

Alvaro, as an RC/translator yourself, what do you think?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.