Re: integrate Postgres Users Authentication with our own LDAP Server

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: M Tarkeshwar Rao <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Aashish Nagpaul <aashish(dot)nagpaul(at)ericsson(dot)com>
Subject: Re: integrate Postgres Users Authentication with our own LDAP Server
Date: 2019-05-09 07:23:50
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

On Thu, 2019-05-09 at 07:11 +0000, M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:
> We want to setup ldap authentication in pg_hba.conf, for Postgresql users(other than postgres super user).
>
> We are getting issue with special characters by following steps given in postgres documentation.
> It is not accepting any special characters as special characters are mandatory in our use case.
>
> Can you please help us or have you any steps by which we can configure any postgres with LDAP?

It was very inconsiderate of you to write to 100 PostgreSQL lists at once (and I was stupid
enough not to notice right away).

Then, please don't top-post on these lists. Write your reply *below* what you quote.

What exactly is your problem? "We are getting issues" is not detailed enough.
You probably just have to get the encoding right.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe