9.2 Cascading replication after slave promotion

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.2 Cascading replication after slave promotion
Date: 2012-08-14 00:20:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Looking at the docs (section 25.2.6 paragraph 6) leads one to believe
that downstream standbys can continue to receive and process wal merely
by reconnecting after the cascading standby is promoted - but this does
not seem to be the case (indeed the same paragraph notes that timelines
now no longer match). It looks to me like the downstream guys all need
to be rebuilt - or am I missing something?

Regards

mark