Re: PostgreDB stores table name is lower case

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: 王波 <853372309(at)qq(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreDB stores table name is lower case
Date: 2016-11-25 23:44:10
Lists: pgsql-general

"=?gb18030?B?zfWyqA==?=" <853372309(at)qq(dot)com> writes:
> Now, I have a problem, the table name is stored in lower case , but i want to change it into upper case. Can i have a simple method? Such as modify a parameter.

No.

We have looked into making that configurable, and the conclusion was that
(a) it would be an enormous amount of work, and (b) it would break huge
amounts of client-side code that expects the current behavior. So it's
not going to happen. There are discussions about this in the mailing list
archives if you want more detail.