Re: Info regarding bug list for all previous releases

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Rajeev rastogi" <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Info regarding bug list for all previous releases
Date: 2012-07-31 18:14:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com> wrote:

> I have been trying to find out all the bug list statistics for all
> previous version releases but I could not get any information
> regarding this on internet.
>
> So can you please help me to get these details.

I'm not aware of any statistics; I think you would need to pass the
release notes for each minor release, classify which are bug fixes,
and count them.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release.html

It might be hard to classify the severity of each bug fixed, because
sometimes there are fixes for bugs which have never actually been
reported by users, and some fixes only affect those using optional
extensions.

-Kevin