Re: Setting WHERE on a VIEW with aggregate function.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)hank(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting WHERE on a VIEW with aggregate function.
Date: 2005-09-17 05:11:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Bill Moseley <moseley(at)hank(dot)org> writes:
> I couldn't get that to work -- Postgresql isn't that helpful just
> reporting "ERROR: syntax error at or near ";" at character 496" even
> after adding a FROM in the first select. So, I'm stabbing in the dark
> to get it to work.

[ not directly on topic, but... ] I think the answer to that is "use a
newer version of Postgres". 8.0 and up provide fairly specific pointers
for syntax errors. Silly example:

regression=# select foo, bar
regression-# , baz,
regression-# zip zap zot
regression-# blah blah;
ERROR: syntax error at or near "zap" at character 28
LINE 3: zip zap zot
^
regression=#