Re: can't find files in pg_clog and invalid page

From: Adam Kavan <akavan(at)cox(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can't find files in pg_clog and invalid page
Date: 2003-08-18 15:53:59
Lists: pgsql-general

At 03:19 PM 8/14/03 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Adam Kavan <akavan(at)cox(dot)net> writes:
> > [unstable failure messages]
> > Anyone know what I did to cause this? Or is this some sort of bug or
> > hardware failure?
>
>I think you've got a hardware problem. Have you run memtest86 or
>badblocks lately?
>
> regards, tom lane

My machine has passed badblocks and memtest86 with flying colors. To fix
the table I did a TRUNCATE on it which seems to have worked, but I'm left
with a couple of questions. First, will a TRUNCATEd page wind up in
another table and break it or is that bit fixed for good. Secondly, I have
been unable to recreate the error, ,so I feel it was probably just a fluke
does anyone disagree?

--- Adam Kavan
--- akavan(at)cox(dot)net