Backup and Restore

From: "David A(dot) Leedom" <daleedom(at)hightowergroup(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backup and Restore
Date: 2003-06-05 11:56:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am using 7.2.x. When I run pg_dump on a database the objects are not
loaded in the correct dependency order.

Soooo.... when I run pg_restore it fails because objects that are needed
have not been restored yet (ie. trieds to restore a view that points to a
table that has not yet been restored). I then monkey around with the Table
of Contents (TOC) and am able to get the restore to work.

In the middle of a disaster I don't want to have to mess to the TOC.

What are others doing who are running into this situation.

Thanks,
Dave Leedom

The Hightower Group, Inc.
Information Technology Consulting