Re: Reverse engineering PG database

From: Paul Rosenberg <paul(dot)rosenberg(at)usa(dot)net>
To: gearond(at)cvc(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reverse engineering PG database
Date: 2003-03-31 04:11:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks.

We are alreaady using Dezign from Datanamic. Unfortunately, it does not
handle the PG use of triggers to implement foreign key referential
integrity. We can generate the PG database from Dezign without problem not
using triggers for foreign keys.

Our main objective is to be able to implement changes in a production data
base and then be able to update the model so that we have updated
documentation and a model which can generate a script to create the database.

If the DB model program can create scripts to alter [non-destructively] a
database based upon changes to the model, then we could use this also.