Grant syntax

From: Naomi Walker <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Grant syntax
Date: 2003-07-07 18:33:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

I need to grant access to all tables for all users on a particular
database. I've tried:

GRANT ALL ON databasename to public;

But it complained the databasebase (relation) does not exist. Do I have to
grant on each table in a separate statement? I'm guessing not.

Naomi

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.