Re: Allowing usernames in pg_hba.conf

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Allowing usernames in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2002-03-11 08:30:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there a way to grant another user access (full/limited) to an entire
database?

Right now pg_hba.conf controls connectivity to a database.

However from the docs it seems that one has to do a grant for _every_
table. if a new table is created the user can't access it. This can be
annoying in some situations.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Link.