Re: pg_dump future problem.

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump future problem.
Date: 2003-05-05 05:00:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 10:10 AM 4/05/2003 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>And the is_called flag fits into this where?

My recollection is that is_called is used to cover the boundary case where
the 'current' value should not be incremented before being returned, but my
memory is hazy. If this is the case, can we not just set it to true and set
the value to (next - 1) unless (next - 1) < minv, in which case we set it
to minv and set is_called to false?

Note that for the purpose of serial values we do not need to set the
sequence exactly as it was internally, we just need to make sure that the
next allocated value will be what we expect.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_
Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81 | _________ \