Carrage Returns \ Line Breaks!

From: "Brian C(dot) Doyle" <bcdoyle(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Carrage Returns \ Line Breaks!
Date: 2000-12-18 16:31:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I have a file that I am trying to import/copy into a table. The problem
that I am having is that there are carriage returns through out the
document. These carriage returns should be copied into the column it
belongs to yet during the
copy table from '/home/location/file.ext' using delimiters '|';

I get errors when it hits the carriage return. Can i get around this?