In a fix: lost superuser

To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: In a fix: lost superuser
Date: 2001-05-14 06:46:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any way to reset the superuser password
if it has been lost? I thought it was set properly
but it is now among the ethers, and none of the other
accounts have superuser privileges. I've tried replacing
pg_shadow with another in hopes of resetting the darn
thing, but alas. Do I have to re-install postgres?
Is there any way for the root user to reset the password?

_Ken