Re: new type proposal

From: Tim Uckun <tim(at)diligence(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: new type proposal
Date: 2001-02-06 21:06:22
Lists: pgsql-general

At 03:43 PM 2/6/2001 -0500, Joseph Shraibman wrote:
>I've been thinking on some new pesudo-types like SERIAL.
>
>1) LAST_MODIFIED is the timestamp of that last time this row was
>modified. Easy enough to do currently with triggers.
>2) TIME_CREATED is the timestamp of when this row was first created with
>an INSERT. I'm not sure how to do this because it needs to be read
>only.

MS sql server has a TIMESTAMP field which acts exactly like LAST_MODIFIED
type you proposed. I find this field very handy when attempting to
synchronize data. I would welcome such a field type in postgres.

BTW is the currency datatype working with access and ODBC yet?

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background
Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered
the risks of a bad hire.