Re: Postgres 11.5 not logging all sqls

From: Erik Wienhold <ewie(at)ewie(dot)name>
To: shashidhar Reddy <shashidharreddy001(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 11.5 not logging all sqls
Date: 2023-09-25 12:03:30
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2023-09-25 16:54 +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> We are using postgres 11.5 on Ubuntu we have enabled logging and set
> log_statements to all but when I checked the statements in the logs I can
> see only first few lines of the query and also when I check in pgadmin for
> current queries I could see only few lines. Some one please help me to get
> full queries in the logs and in pgadmin4.

* Could be that the logging collector truncates messages. Are all
messages truncated to the same length?

* pgAdmin reads pg_stat_activity.query which is subject to config
track_activity_query_size[1]. That should, however, not affect
logging.

* Maybe a bug 11.5 which is already 4 years old.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-statistics.html#GUC-TRACK-ACTIVITY-QUERY-SIZE

--
Erik