How do I measure user disk usage on Postgresql table?

From: "Dave" <withheld(at)nospam(dot)thanks>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do I measure user disk usage on Postgresql table?
Date: 2008-04-16 16:58:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Lets say I have a Postgresql table where I store uploaded data for all users, identified by user_id column. Is it possible to run a query to measure the storage a user is consuming?

Ideally this would be a SELECT query with WHERE clause on user_id and will only return size of the data field(s), rather then the overhead.

Any other ideas?

Thanks