dropdb ; createdb equivalent without createdb permission?

From: "Tim Olsen" <tolsen718(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dropdb ; createdb equivalent without createdb permission?
Date: 2007-07-09 18:13:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I would like to be able to grant a user the ability to completely
reset a database for testing purposes. If possible, I would like the
user to be able to do a "dropdb" followed by a "createdb", but without
allowing this user to create any database. In other words, I would
like the user to be granted createdb permission for only a particular
database. I don't believe this is possible in postgresql. Is there a
dropdb-followed-by-createdb equivalent the user could use?

Thanks,
Tim