Index scan does not return all the data

From: "S(dot) Bob" <sbob(at)quadratum-braccas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Index scan does not return all the data
Date: 2019-01-26 15:33:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all;

we have a client that has run into an issue, they have a PK on an id
column and another unique index on the id and a timestamp. when we run a
select it selects one of several indexes, in some cases a non unique
index on a secondary ID, however when we do a pg_dump, or a CREATE TABLE
x AS select * from this table then we get many many duplicates that
violate the PK and the unique index.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance