What's the logical counterpart of the to_hex function?

From: "Michael Nolan" <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What's the logical counterpart of the to_hex function?
Date: 2007-07-16 18:36:25
Lists: pgsql-general

I have data (from an external source) which is in text format as a hex
number (it's actually an IP address, but that's probably not relevant.)

to_hex gets from integer to hex, I can cast a hex constant to integer (ie
x'12a7'31'::int, but how do I get a database column from string/hex to
integer?

(If this is referenced in the documentation, I'm not finding it.)
--
Mike Nolan