Re: 9.2beta web issues

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.2beta web issues
Date: 2012-07-10 18:36:59
Lists: pgsql-www

On 07/10/2012 08:29 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:15:00AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> BTW, I'm mainly interested in preserving the pgsql-testers mailing list
>> for future use; I'm still hoping to find time to get a serious volunteer
>> QA effort together, in which case it will need a mailing list. So we
>> could kill off pgsql-testers now, but I'll probably just be asking to
>> revive it next year if you do.
>
> I have never been a fan of our cycle of "let's try something --- oh,
> that didn't work --- let's not tell anyone --- (years later) why is this
> here". I vote we remove it, and in the future, if we decide not to use
> something, let's not assume some amazing idea is going to fix it ---
> let's just remove it proactively.

I fully agree - if we ever figure out how that "serious QA" thingy is
going to work we can easily add a dedicated and maybe even more
appropriately named list. refacturing a list that we have people
subscribed to under a specific purpose into something that might be
something entirely different "next year" seems completely wrong anyway...

Stefan