Re: postgres for production

From: Martin Moore <martin(dot)moore(at)avbrief(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres for production
Date: 2018-01-31 16:27:14
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

How much data do you have? That’s a fundamental thing to know.

Martin.

From: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 16:24
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres for production

Hello,

I have a question for postgres hardware requirement for production installation. My org want to use Vms with only 8 cores max + 64Gb RAM max. I have 4 database out of which 1 Db is write extensive 1 db is read extensive and moderate write and 2 other DBs are read with write one.

can someone suggest me is this a good configuration with respect to hardware ?

Thanks in Advance.

--

Regards,
Azim