Re: Help, server doesn't start

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Anibal David Acosta <aa(at)devshock(dot)com>
Cc: 'Raghavendra' <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help, server doesn't start
Date: 2012-06-25 04:53:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On 06/25/2012 12:40 PM, Anibal David Acosta wrote:

> Yes, we must upgrade.
>
> The value of the shared_preload_libraries is
>
> shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll' #
> (change requires restart)

Change that to:

shared_preload_libraries = ''

(two single quotes, not a double quote)

It's unlikely that the PL/PgSQL debugger plugin is the issue, but since
it's repeated in your logs, it's worth a go.

> When I login into the server the disk used by Postgres installation
> was without space (0Bytes available).

OK, so you probably do just have xlogs that're cut short. So long as
nobody tried to "fix" the problem by deleting things out of the
PostgreSQL data directory I expect you'll be OK.

AFAIK Pg is supposed to recover gracefully from out-of-disk situations,
but this _is_ quite an old version.

I wonder if there are any out-of-disk tests in the Pg unit tests? It'd
be somewhat tricky to automate testing for, but really good to do if
it's practical. Something for my bored-weekend TODO I guess, even if
it's just a standalone test set.

> Right now I am making a file-level copy of the entire postgres folder
> in order to run some corruption recover method
Great.

--
Craig Ringer