How to insert from linux to postgreSQL

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to insert from linux to postgreSQL
Date: 2019-04-08 19:03:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL 10.x

Use case:
I want to read a log file on my linux server and write each line out to a row in a postgreSQL table. When I do inserts however I want to make sure I am using prepared statements to avoid SQL injections. I know how to do this is Java but I have not found an example using a linux bash scripts.

Does anyone have an example they could point me to?

Thanks,

Lance