Re: backup script

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: "Vo, Catherine CTR DTIC Z" <bvo(dot)ctr(at)dtic(dot)mil>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backup script
Date: 2012-05-11 16:34:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/05/2012 16:23, Vo, Catherine CTR DTIC Z wrote:
> GM,
>
> First where can I post my question on the forum? Couldn't find the
> forum for discussion.

Hi there,

Not sure what forum you mean.... you're writing to the pgsql-general
mailing list, so you're already in the right place.

> Second, I'm new with postgres. Try to evaluate this new db software
> before the company can switch all oracle and mysql to postgres. I don't
> understand the concept how to create backup user, tablespace, etc....

Welcome!

Some of this happens in the database, some in the operating system. If
you give details of your platform - hardware and software - people will
be able to help you.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland