Is the a "magic number" for WAL files

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is the a "magic number" for WAL files
Date: 2011-12-09 18:46:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I would like the "file" command to tell me something other than "data",
yes even though I can tell by the name (and the directory of course).
Hoping someone has something I can slip into /usr/share/misc/magic.mgc
or that directory.

Along the same lines, what info is embedded in the file name? I see that
the second non-zero recently went from 2 to 3. Significance?

0000000100000030000000CF
^