Re: Select duplicated values

From: Edson Richter <richter(at)simkorp(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Select duplicated values
Date: 2011-11-21 22:59:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I think you should not "add columns", but concatenate them.

Instead

select A from table_name where B+C+D in (select B+C+D from table_name
group by B+C+D having count(*)>1 )

use "B || '/' || C || '/' || D"

select A from table_name where B || '/' || C || '/' || D in (select B || '/' || C || '/' || D from table_name
group by 1 having count(*)>1 )

You may need to apply some conversion (cast) depending of data type and
output format.

Regards,

*Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter*
/SimKorp Informática Ltda/