Re: Extend extension file_fdw

From: Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pasman pasmański <pasman(dot)p(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extend extension file_fdw
Date: 2011-10-07 01:43:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2011/10/07 3:39), pasman pasmański wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I plan to extend file_fdw wrapper. I will add options to foreign
> server: encoding, format, header, delimiter, dir.

+1 for existing options. Using foreign server options as default would
make definition of file_fdw foreign tables very simple. OTOH,
specification of new "dir" option needs to be clarified. Is it always
prefixed to filename option?

> And i have some asks:
> - it's better to change name of extension or not

IMO, no. Do you have any candidate?

> - other suggestions

What about other format options such as escape and null?

Regards,
--
Shigeru Hanada