Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3?

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quick-and-Dirty Data Entry with LibreOffice3?
Date: 2011-09-27 18:41:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On 09/27/11 11:20 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> All my postgresql databases are in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/ in
> numbered
> subdirectories. I've no idea in which one resides the database I want.
>
> Is there a way to determine where my database is located?

Eeek! you NEVER directly access the postgres data files. rather, you
connect to postgres via a socket, and ask it to fetch the data for you,
thats just how it works.

your database and all the databases on that system are in
/usr/local/pgsql/data ... they involve multiple of those subdirectories,
you can't seperate the pieces from the whole without breaking it completely.

to use ODBC, you'd need to give it the DSN information, I don't know the
exact format, but in general, its something like

[PostgreSQL]
Description = Postgres Database FRED
Driver = PostgreSQL
Trace = Yes