Re: Proposal for implementing OCSP Stapling in PostgreSQL

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: David Zhang <idrawone(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jacob Champion <jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal for implementing OCSP Stapling in PostgreSQL
Date: 2024-08-07 07:20:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While I have only skimmed the patch so far and need more review before I can
comment on it, I do have a question on the expected use of OCSP support in
postgres. With OCSP becoming optional [0], and big providers like Let's
Encrypt deprecating OCSP [1], is this mainly targeting organizations running
their own CA with in-house OCSP?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

[0] https://lists.cabforum.org/pipermail/servercert-wg/2023-September/003998.html