Re: pgsql: Properly handle empty arrays returned from plperl functions.

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pg Committers <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Properly handle empty arrays returned from plperl functions.
Date: 2011-08-17 21:17:02
Lists: pgsql-committers

On 08/17/2011 04:59 PM, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 01:29:01PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> On 08/17/2011 12:53 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of mié ago 17 12:41:47 -0400 2011:
>>> Happened to me once too (back when we used CVS). It seems the filter to
>>> remove unwanted lines is not applied when the file is specified in the
>>> command line which seems a bit silly to me.
>> Right, certainly a violation of POLA.
> It is indeed. What script or scripts handle this?

It's not a script. "git commit -F filename" is the culprit. It seems if
you intend to reuse the message file that git carefully saves for you,
you need to trim the comment lines. What I did was in the master branch,
"git commit -a" and then in the 9.1 branch "git commit -a -F
/path/to/master/.git/COMMIT_EDITMSG" to reuse the commit message, not
realizing it would not trim the comment lines if I use -F, unlike when
it puts me into the editor.

cheers

andrew