Re: Help me start postmaster on a default installation of PostgreSQL.

From: Lord Voldemort <murderthemuggles(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help me start postmaster on a default installation of PostgreSQL.
Date: 2011-07-07 10:36:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I've sorted out things myself.

Firstly IMHO this list is the appropriate place for my query as you'd
see that what I really want is to use JDBC with PostgreSQL. Running
postmaster was supposed to be a way to accomplish that.

But as it turns out, newer versions of PostgreSQL have done away with
postmaster completely. After default installation nothing needs to be
changed. Services necessary for backend database access are started
automatically at boot-up. After installing libpg-java (that's the JDBC
driver package for postgreSQL) all that needs to be done is to add
/usr/share/java/postgresql.jar to the java library. I use NetBeans so
that was easy for me. I don't know how to do that when running
applications from command line using "java /classname/" though.

If you'd still maintain that I'm posting at the wrong place, please
forgive me 'coz I was ill-advised and I'm not so bright either ;-)

Cheers!!