Re: PGPoolingDataSource problem.

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Benjamin(dot)Galaviz(at)LSGSkyChefs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGPoolingDataSource problem.
Date: 2011-06-09 04:07:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 09/06/11 01:36, Benjamin(dot)Galaviz(at)LSGSkyChefs(dot)com wrote:
> I am using the JDBC3 PGPoolingDataSource to create a pool of 5
> connections (for test) to my database.

I'd recommend using a proper connection pool like C3P0 or DBCP. It'll be
less work in the long run, as PGPoolingDataSource is more of a
toy/testing tool.

What's your environment, anyway? Are you running in a standalone JVM
(j2SE) or in an application server context? If you're in an appserver or
servlet container you should be getting connections from the container
environment.

--
Craig Ringer