Re: re-install postgres/postGIS without Loosing data??

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "G(dot) P(dot)" <pagomen2001(at)yahoo(dot)gr>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: re-install postgres/postGIS without Loosing data??
Date: 2011-05-19 02:28:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 05/18/2011 07:31 PM, G. P. wrote:
> can I download from somewhere "clean" pg_hba.conf / postgresql.conf with
> default values, just to ensure that the failure is caused by them ?

AFAIK they're generated by the installer, as they contain paths specific
to your installation. So not really.

It sounds like you might want to try to start Pg using pg_ctl via
runas.exe to run it as the postgres user account and see what error(s)
are produced.

See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490994.aspx

--
Craig Ringer