Re: Unicode confusion

From: "Chris Palmer" <chris(dot)palmer(at)geneed(dot)com>
To: "Ian Barwick" <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unicode confusion
Date: 2003-05-12 18:49:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Ian Barwick writes:

> If it's any help, your code should work as expected. The hex
> data you see (3F3F0A) is two question marks and an \n; I would
> guess Java is not able to display the unicode characters in your
> environment and is replacing them with '?'.

What part of my environment are you referring to? It's not the terminal emulator (which Java has no knowledge of). Java does Unicode (in fact, there is no other choice). Is there some locale setting I can use? Is there a parameter I can use with the Pg JDBC driver or Connection object?

Thanks for your response.

--
Chris Palmer Systems Programmer GeneEd