Re: Compare two Data bases Structure

From: Piotr Czekalski <pczekalski(at)techbaza(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compare two Data bases Structure
Date: 2011-02-24 09:18:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

W dniu 2011-02-24 01:03, manuel antonio ochoa pisze:
> How Can I do to compare two structures of data bases ?
>
> DBA != DBB I need wich functions and wich tables are not equals
>
> thnks

I'd advise SQL Power Architect - very handy tool with graphical DB
design capability.
Will compare your databases and even generate suitable SQL script on
demand, updating older database to look as a new one (or oposite).
This tool is also able to compare project vs database or database vs
generation script.
Supports not only PostgreSQL but many other databases.

It is Java based solution.

http://www.sqlpower.ca

Regards,

Piotr

P.S. AFAIK release 0.9.15 was free of charge for personal use.

"TECHBAZA.PL" Sp. z o.o.
Technologie WEB, eDB& eCommerce
Oddział Gliwice
ul. Chorzowska 50