[Pljava-dev] Windows binaries

From: eric(dot)kolotyluk at gmail(dot)com (Eric Kolotyluk)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Windows binaries
Date: 2011-01-23 21:59:25
Lists: pljava-dev

On 2011-01-23 11:34 AM, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:14:24 -0000, Eric Kolotyluk
> <eric.kolotyluk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I stopped and started the server. Here is what I put in the .config file
>>
>> dynamic_library_path = '$libdir;c:\postgres'
>
> Perhaps you can try 'C:\postgres;$libdir' instead? Your original
> setting looks alright when compared to
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/runtime-config-client.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CLIENT-OTHER
>

>> "dynamic_library_path" is not an absolute path
>
> If you keep getting this error it may be a bug in the server/binary
> you're using. I don't know.
>
> And if it keeps failing, you can try replacing the two lines that look
> like
>
> RETURNS language_handler AS 'pljava'

> RETURNS language_handler AS 'C:\postgres\pljava.dll'
>
> or your relevant full path in install.sql.

So, when I use

dynamic_library_path = 'C:\postgres;$libdir

I get the same

psql:install.sql:6: ERROR: component in parameter
"dynamic_library_path" is not an absolute path

When I try using

RETURNS language_handler AS 'C:\\postgres\\pljava.dll'

I get

psql:install.sql:6: WARNING: nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal
LINE 2: RETURNS language_handler AS 'C:\\postgres\\pljava.dll'
^
HINT: Use the escape string syntax for backslashes, e.g., E'\\'.
psql:install.sql:6: ERROR: could not load library
"C:\postgres\pljava.dll": The
specified module could not be found.

Now this is just getting plain silly. A message telling me to use the
escape string syntax for backslashes when I am already doing that. Now
to me this is clearly a bug in someone's code.

Is it common to have this much trouble getting pljava working?

Cheers, Eric