[Pljava-dev] Windows binaries

From: eric(dot)kolotyluk at gmail(dot)com (Eric Kolotyluk)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Windows binaries
Date: 2011-01-23 18:50:02
Lists: pljava-dev

On 2011-01-23 10:40 AM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
> On 2011-01-23 10:22 AM, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:11:52 -0000, Eric Kolotyluk
>> <eric.kolotyluk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The pljava.dll file is certainly in the lib directory, so I can't
>>> understand why it is complaining it cannot find it.
>>
>> Try putting it in a directory without any spaces and add it to
>> dynamic_library_path in postgresql.conf. Also make sure your JVM dll
>> is in the path of your server process. I believe that's how they're
>> located on Windows. Otherwise you may have to look up how it's located.
>>
>> If all else fails, I believe the full path to the dll can be set
>> within the install.sql. Let me know how the other tips work out
>> before I spend time to confirm or deny it.
>>
> Sorry, please bear with me, I am new to PostgreSQL as I am evaluating
> it for possible use, so nothing is familiar.
>
> In my postgresql.conf file I have
>
> #dynamic_library_path = '$libdir'
>
> So would I change it to something like
>
> #dynamic_library_path = '$libdir;c:\postgres'
>
> I do not know how to confirm
>
> "Also make sure your JVM dll is in the path of your server process."
>
> Also, per the instructions I added the following to my postgresql.conf
> file earlier - is this correct?
>
> # define "pljava" as a custom variable class. This is a comma separated
> # list of names.
> #
> custom_variable_classes = 'pljava'
>
> # define the class path that the JVM will use when loading the
> # initial library. Only meaningful for non GCJ installations
> #
> pljava.classpath = 'C:\Program Files
> (x86)\PostgresPlus\9.0SS\PostGIS\java\pljava\postgis_pljava.jar'
>
> # Set the size of the prepared statement MRU cache
> #
> pljava.statement_cache_size = 10
>
> # If true, lingering savepoints will be released on function exit. If
> false,
> # the will be rolled back
> #
> pljava.release_lingering_savepoints = true
>
> # Define startup options for the Java VM.
> #
> pljava.vmoptions = '-Xmx64M'
>
> # Setting debug to true will cause the postgres process to go
> # into a sleep(1) loop on its first call to java. This variable is
> # only useful if you want to debug the PL/Java internal C code.
> #
> pljava.debug = false

Here is my Windows system path:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program
Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows
Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files\Intel\DMIX;C;\scala-2.8.0.Beta1\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI
Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files
(x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\client;C:\Program
Files (x86)\PostgresPlus\9.0SS\bin

Also, the install.sql did create the schema in spite of the errors, but
I can only assume that it is not complete because of the errors.
Presumably I have to run uninstall.sql before running install.sql again?

Cheers, Eric