Re: The good, old times

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Mladen Gogala <mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The good, old times
Date: 2011-01-16 06:50:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 01/15/2011 12:54 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>> On 01/12/2011 10:16 PM, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
>>
>>> What's your point and in what is it related to that ML?
>>
>> Given the package names, I suspect this is a poorly-expressed
>> complaint about the performance of downloads from the pgdg/psqlrpms
>> site. If that was the original poster's intent, they would've been
>> better served with a post that included some minimal details like:
> Yes, it was a complaint about the download speed.

OK, I'm seeing issues too now. It's transient and intermittent - sigh.
The two swear words of IT.

(3/7): postgresql90-9.0.2-2PGDG.f14.x86_64.rpm
| 865 kB 02:04

http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-14-x86_64/postgresql90-contrib-9.0.2-2PGDG.f14.x86_64.rpm:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
Trying other mirror.
http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-14-x86_64/postgresql90-libs-9.0.2-2PGDG.f14.x86_64.rpm:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
Trying other mirror.

A later try worked. Unfortunately I don't have a timestamp for the
failed attempt, but it was some time yesterday. mtr output and
performance of downloads are presently fine, and I don't have any data
for the problematic period.

--
Craig Ringer