Re: pgadmin3 : Restriction de BDD and service

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Marie-Claude QUIDOZ <Marie-Claude(dot)QUIDOZ(at)cefe(dot)cnrs(dot)fr>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 : Restriction de BDD and service
Date: 2010-10-05 15:02:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 05/10/2010 16:51, Marie-Claude QUIDOZ a écrit :
> [...]
> I'm trying to create server connections as clean as possible. I dont'
> find documentation about "BDD restriction" and "service"
>
> Can you tell me the meaning "BDD restriction" and "service" in the menu
> "add a server" ?

Sure.

"BDD restriction" is a list of databases you don't want to see. For
example, DB restriction = 'db1','db2'. Remember it's then used in a IN
clause, so you need to use quotes and spaces.

Service is the name of the service on windows and the name of the
startup script on Linux.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr